Top Tips for teaching and playing Keith Johnstone’s Split Attention Game: Questions Only
- Connect with your partner by making eye contact, listening to them etc. Don’t go ‘solo’!
- Fail gracefully! Lots! Smiling.
- Respond to what your partner says in the moment; not your own pre-conceived questions.
- Don’t try to win! Be Average.
- Ask different types of questions: not Why, Why Why zzzz. You might win the game and lose your audience.
- Be physical – not just a pair of talking heads. Reach out, grab something!